Looking at yourself in the mirror? Don't deny how age and stress had taken away the glow and plumpness from your once youthful face. When you were younger, it was easy to ignore the signs of aging but as the clock continues to tick by, the deeper set wrinkles become more evident. Therefore ignorance may not be too blissful once nature takes its toll in the form of laugh lines, crow's feet and forehead wrinkles. By opting for that beautiful, youthful face with the help of a few tiny needles and the nectar they contain, you can retard the aging process for a period of time. Don't cave in without a fight. The amazing advances in today's aesthetic medicine gives us the power and the assurance that we combat irritating skin issues like facial scars, fine lines, wrinkles as well as skin discoloration. Nowadays, almost everyone can easily get access to these affordable non-surgical wrinkle treatments.
What then, are these non-surgical treatments?
Two of the most common, most subscribed skin tightening treatments are Botox and synthetic dermal fillers like Juvederm and Restylane.
1. Botox – generic ally called Botulinum toxin Type A, an FDA-approved substance used for various cosmetic procedures is deemed safe to use for most adult women. The application of Botox treatments in lower Bucks is done by administering tiny needles with a measured solution of Botox directly into the affected areas. Botox is often used to correct:
- Frown lines between eyebrows
- Wrinkles in the forehead
- Wrinkles along the corner of the eyes
- Wrinkles in other various facial areas like on mouth and nose
The Botox treatment hinders the further release of chemicals that are responsible for the contraction of the muscles around the eyes, mouth and nose areas. The muscles will, in effect, be unrestrained and relaxed. This cosmetic procedure can take only a few minutes and its effect can last for up to four months or longer. Repeated appointments may be needed to maintain the youthful effect.
2. Derma Fillers – Derma fillers, similarly to a Botox treatment, is used to remedy crow's feet and other unwanted facial wrinkles that are related to skin resorption (the breakdown of facial tissues). The patient can choose between the two methods of derma filling treatments:
- Temporary Fillers – fillers that are applied in the more superficial part of the skin intended to instantly fill the wrinkling of facial lines and achieving more youthful contours.
- Permanent Fillers – on the other hand, are applied deeper into the fatty skin tissues and just above the facial bones. Its purpose is to stimulate the skin cells to produce more naturally occurring collagen. Collagen is responsible in plumpness and contours of the facial skin.
The most common areas treated with Juviderm Lip Injections in Philadelphia are on the NasoLabial folds (also known as smile or laugh lines). Restalyne skin tightening, also considered dermal filler in Bucks County, are more commonly used for the lines found around the lips such as lipstick lines and marionette lines. Results can be seen immediately though some swelling may occur during the first 24 – 48 hours.
Basically, the risks of skin tightening treatments are greatly reduced when the aesthetician is properly trained and more experienced in the procedure. There are still cases where patients suffer from adverse side effects of Botox treatments in lower Bucks brought by mishandling of the injection procedure, poorly sterilized equipment or reaction to the formula. Nevertheless, skin care experts strongly suggest you seek out only the licensed diet and weight loss doctors or dermatologists that will oversee those administering the procedure.